A WORLD WHERE ALL CHILDREN ARE LOVED, INSPIRED, NURTURED AND CHERISHED
......but that the works of God should be revealed. John 9:3
To provide holistic care to the orphaned, abandoned and the vulnerable Children of Uganda by supporting their education, medical needs giving them a life full of meaning!
We also exist to build strong Christian communities through volunteering and life-changing intercultural experiences by providing a range of resources, services and support to the local communities in Uganda.Our desire is to see the people we serve receive the opportunity to know Christ, live in a nurturing environment, obtain a proper education, learn trade skills, and receive proper medical care.
A world in which all orphaned, abandoned, destitute and vulnerable children receive basic needs, a quality education and healthcare regardless of social, political and economic conditions.
An orphan is defined as a child deprived by death of one or both parents -or- one deprived of some protection or advantage. At Mission Trips Uganda, we believe the orphan is a child or human who has no identity or relationship with the Lord.There is only one Heavenly Father that can heal and fill the heart.
Our goal is to meet the needs of the orphan in a physical, emotional, & spiritual manner. We help people who have no identity heal, gain a family that loves and cares for them, and help them to know their God-given purpose.
WE VALUE: LOVE: - Believing that no child or person is ever lost. Every person is valuable. All people are worthy of love.
WE VALUE: INTEGRITY: - We hold integrity extremely high in our commitment to the efficient use of resources. We offer full accountability and transparency to our partners, supporters, and the public.
WE VALUE: STEWARDSHIP: - We are responsible for every shilling, dollar, penny, resource and person with which God entrusts us.
WE VALUE: CONFIDENTIALITY:-If people feel safe; they are more likely to be open about their feelings.
WE VALUE: TEAM BUILDING: -We seek to respect all members of our team, whether a short term volunteer or long term staff member. We work with people from many different backgrounds and strive to make everyone feel welcome and a part of the team through openness and inclusion. Any thought of superiority can destroy the team dynamic. We seek to use diversity as strength, making the best use of a wide range of talents and viewpoints.
(1) Provide compassion projects such as breakfast feeding programs both in rural and in slum schools, assistance in relocation of released children from the juvenile homes back to their villages, and building communities through construction of new homes schools, community based churches medical clinics, livestock shelters, and well digging in villages.
(2) Empower the Children and the youth in need through providing sponsorship for formal education.
(3) Provide outreach programs on various topics affecting children and youth in local communities. These topics include character building, family conflict resolution, behavior change, and discipleship, HIV/AIDS awareness and prevention programs presented in weekly visits to various projects. These programs are carried out through group counseling, drama and music presentations, panel discussions,and preaching.
(4) Child Protection- To rescue the Children from child sacrifice and human trafficking and place them in safe child-care centers with an ultimate goal of uniting with them their immediate or extended families.
(5) Health Care- To offer affordable and accessible health services and also provide safe and clean water to over 3500 people in Buwooya, Village, Uganda
At Mission Trips Uganda we strive to show our love for God by obeying His command to care for the least of His people and make disciples of all nations. Every outreach we do in the local communities in Uganda is accompanied by Biblical teaching and spiritual encouragement. We know that nourishing the physical needs is not the ultimate goal. We long to see the people of Uganda fed spiritually and restored into a right relationship with God.Learn More About What We Do